Yes, I have been absent somewhat of late.
It's not you, it's me.
When I mentioned that my word for 2016 was 'focus', I wasn't half joking.
Finding work projects and a means of income generation is no mean feat, I hardly need to justify that.
Being told by (prospective) clients that they "absolutely want to work with you, can really see the value," but are not quite able to commit at present due to (in no particular order):
- low Q1 revenue
- business reorganisation
- going AWOL
- "needing to do some more work beforehand"
- total cluelessness in general
- incompetent corporate fuckwittery (my own term, it's copyrighted)
- fobbing off with ridiculous excuses
- all of the above
- none of the above, because they haven't got the common decency to even reply to an email let alone return a phone call
is down heartening at best, borderline suicidal at worst.
But, never mind.
Something's gotta give eventually, even though it may be my own sanity (because the bank balance is already fucked so there's nothing more to lose in that regard).
Bear with me, I'll be back at some point.