Undoubtedly the best way to celebrate twenty-five years (TWENTY-FIVE YEARS *shakes head in disbelief*) as a Londoner:
- don nun outfit (courtesy @peabee72 circa 2010, I've been waiting that long for the right occasion to wear it)
- enlist other Von Trapp family devotees (Liesl and Gretl who obediently stayed by my side; Captain Georg and Sister Bertha who ran off into the distance, tsk)
- join forces with some two and a half thousand other half marathoners
- majority of whom are also in fancy dress
- complete course - up hill and down vale - in ridiculously long time
- because there was lots of wine to taste
- at every feed station
- and dancing
- and laughing
- and singing
- including karaoke on demand (Elvis, Spice Girls, Abba... we ROCKED, I tell you)
- finish in one piece albeit with sore feet
|that'd be two of the Von Trapp children |
disappearing in the distance,
escaping Mother Superior
And just in case you doubted any of the above, here's a taster of what was going on en route:
So. Happy anniversary to me.
Who would have thought it?
I only came for a couple of years...