- learning to appreciate 'down time' between client projects
- making more appearances at the school gate during drop-off/pick-up in ten days than I have in six years
- although much to my children's amusement (and concern, I think), not to physically drop them off or pick them up
- because I had meetings at the school as a governor
- and wraparound care is a wonderful thing
- which I had paid for in advance already
- and I wanted to watch the Tour de France/Wimbledon/other sporting events in some peace and quite for a couple of hours in the afternoon without persistent questions interrupting me (I know, I know, so sue me)
- training with the Moose
- early morning week day bikes rides
- very important shopping trips
- going to Henley Royal Regatta to catch up with the old rowing crowd and watch some excellent races
- and drinking some Pimms
- although only one glass as I was driving (I know, I know, but have you ever tried the train there and back? appalling, trust me, I would rather battle the traffic)
- laughing like mad at 'The Call Centre'
- laughing even more at OH (who is Welsh) who is falling off the chair in hysterics
- cringing at 'The Apprentice'
- but enjoying the tweet-fest that accompanies it
It may be shallow, but it seems to take up much of my time.
Proper blog posts can wait just a tiny bit longer.