Kevin and his most ardent followers all came together.
(note to self: must re-word as that sounds like opening line for a dubious film)
There was much to catch up on as the earlier rendevous had been postponed, no thanks to TfL being on strike (again) and thus making the destination out-of-bounds for most car-less members, and one of the Kevinettes being on a (work) jolly with LCM's OH.
Incestuous, I tell you! Total floozies this lot. But in the name of good taste I will let that pass.
So. How did we fare since the last meeting? Considering that with seven ladies present we were an almost full house (the Wine Writer cried off citing children's swimming lessons, although I like to think it was triathlon fatigue finally catching up with her after whipping my arse again after the most recent event), we had a pretty abysmal combined score.
- Number of Kevinettes who had read both books: 0
- Number of Kevinettes who had fully read one book choice: 2
- Number of Kevinettes who had fully read other book choice: 1
- Number of Kevinettes who had started one book choice and then abandoned all hope: 3
- Number of Kevinettes who had started one book choice and then drawn conclusion that Norwegians were very suicidal nation before abandoning all hope: 1
- Number of Kevinettes who confused Norway with Japan (don't ask): 1 *cough*
- Number of Kevinettes who said "I was wondering what on earth you were on about in that email": 1
- Number of Kevinettes who read totally unrelated books to those chosen and finished them: 4
- Number of Kevinettes who said "Oh yum, that looks delicious" when presented with food and forgot to talk about the nominated books altogether: 7
So this time we are getting down to business. The rules have been laid out and we are serious.
At the next meeting anyone who has not read at least one of the two chosen books (they are now listed on the side bar in case you had not yet figured that one out) will be banned from Kevin. Struck off. Cast out. Forever to wander the streets of literary delights alone, unwanted, unknowing and unloved.
Right. Better hop to the book shop then. And remember my glasses while I'm at it. No slacking this time.